WELCOME TO OUR SITE
Harare Central Hospital is situated in the Harare – Southerton district of Harare on 96 hectares of land. It is the principal referral centre for patients from the Northern half of Zimbabwe and occasionally accepts patients from outside the country. In addition, the Hospital is the main services hospital for the residents in Greater Harare and the adjoining areas.
Since 1966 it has been the main Teaching Hospital for the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zimbabwe. Harare Hospital was opened by Lord Dalhousie, the Governor General of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, (Malawi) on 2nd May 1958, on which date there was accommodation for 630 patients. There have been numerous extensions time and the number of available beds as at 1 January 1995 is 1109. Read More